Updated: May 7
Dear Family and Friends,
We wanted to update you on some changes we have implemented during the COVID-19 pandemic. We appreciate your understanding while we all work together to get through this. We know many of you are struggling to find items in the grocery store, especially quality meat, and are sometimes having to make repeat trips which puts your family's health at risk. We are pleased that we can provide a safer alternative for you and your family, and we hope that once you experience the local difference, you will stay a part of our family long after this virus has ended and life goes back to normal.
Here's are some of the ways this virus has affected our operation:
1. As of today, May 7th, we are taking bulk orders for October processing dates. This changes quickly. If you want to know how far out we are filling, give us a call at 937-403-4135. Otherwise, complete our simple order form and we will contact you with your fill date.
2. Our online store inventory is very limited. We are selling items faster than we are getting them in. We are taking preorders every two weeks and as those sell out, we take them offline. Please continue to check back with us periodically, or call us to get your name on the list.
3. When you pick up your order from our family farms we arrange your pickup time so that it doesn't coincide with others. We also have various payment methods that do not require face-to-face interaction. However, we will have a place for you to drop off cash or check if you still prefer.
4. We can provide local deliveries (east side of Cincinnati). Let us know when you place your order and we can work out the details.
5. Rest assured we are not experiencing any shortages or disruptions in our processing chain or our supply chain. If you place an order, you will get your order. Our wait times are only because we are becoming a more popular choice at this time.
Thankfully, our county is reporting very limited COVID-19 exposure and most of our farm members are working entirely from home. Our Cooperative is taking every precautionary measure we can by conducting meetings by video conference, consolidating deliveries to the processing plant, and orchestrating pickup and delivery times to maintain limited exposure.
We hope that you and your family are staying safe and for those of you working the front lines, we thank you! We can't wait for the day we all get to meet again in person. We miss our customers and farm members!
We will be in touch soon.
Very truly yours,
Buckeye Valley Beef